Respect for Human Rights
Based on the "Shin-Etsu Chemical Group Human Rights Policy," Shin-Etsu Chemical Group engages in various initiatives related to its stakeholders' human rights through its business activities.
The Shin-Etsu Chemical Group is committed to its corporate philosophy of being a company that "contributes to people's daily lives as well as to society and industry by creating value with our key materials and technologies, adhering to fair business activities in compliance with all laws and regulations." The foundation of this is respect for human rights.
- Prohibition of discrimination
- We do not discriminate on the basis of nationality, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, personal views, beliefs, age, social status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification, labor union participation, health, marital status, political opinions or any other status.
- Prohibition of damaging human dignity
- We do not conduct sexual harassment, power harassment, maternity harassment or any other acts that damage human dignity.
- Protection of privacy
- We protect the privacy of individuals and handle personal information properly in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations of each country.
- Respect for basic labor rights
- We respect workers' right to organize, the right to collective bargaining, and further rights given to workers to establish, maintain and improve trust and good cooperative relationships through dialogue between labor and management.
- Prohibition of child and forced labor
- We prohibit operations in all countries and regions from using child labor in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations of each country. We also prohibit the use of forced labor.
With effective from April 1, 2021 onwards